Based in Samara, Russia
18 April, 2018
Supposedly Wonderful Future is a sci-fi narrative game that plays like a cross between a point-and-click adventure, a text-heavy RPG, and a visual novel. A young man is invited to skip his own death by relocating to 2048 - if only he does some work for the world's biggest corporation first...
Made by one person in 4 years on a zero budget, SWFuture was born out of fascination with video games as a storytelling medium; a project with a singular focus where everything serves one purpose: to tell a meaningful, thought-provoking, and emotional story.
- Approximate word count: 125,000. Estimated play time: 4 to 8 hours.
- 5 chapters + prologue, united yet diverse enough to work on their own.
- Extensive UI customization options to keep text as readable for everyone as possible.
- Modest system requirements (a decade-old PC should do).
- Enough jokes to forget about the daily horrors of human condition. For a bit. Maybe.
- There are some choices, but they don't really matter. Or do they?
Logos & Icons ^
Awards & Recognition ^
- WordPlay 2017 - Official Selection
Music and extra assets under CC or similar licenses